Juniors – Timeline
- SAT and/or ACT preparation.
- Create a list of colleges that interest student.
- Visit college campuses.
- Register and take PSAT/NMSQT, which is given in October. The PSAT/NMSQT qualifies students to compete for National Merit Scholarships.
- Attend college fairs.
- Modify list of colleges and universities that interest the student.
- Review college admissions criteria.
- Register and take the SAT and/or ACT between January and June.
- Begin Service Academy and ROTC application process. Students will need to obtain a congressional nomination for the Service Academies.
- Register and take two SAT II Subject tests in areas the student is taking AP exams at the May or June test date.
- Maintain academic performance as this will be the student’s GPA and class ranking that will appear on college applications.
- Visit prospective colleges.
- Create resume of school activities, honors & awards, and community service from grades 9 – 12.
- Request teacher letters of recommendation for college applications.